Thursday, February 23, 2012

What model should you use to duplicate how you act? John 5:19

Good morning everyone,
You may feel from time to time that the chaos of everyday living has become too much!  As much as I dislike being alone, I've learned that occasionally it is a good thing.  See God wants us to be alone so that there will not be any distractions so that He can commune and dine with us.  I have a bad habit of turning on music, the television, etc. if I enter a room or start driving a car.  Constantly I have to remind myself that conversation with someone or especially with my Savior can be accomplished so much better if there is peace and quiet.  Quiet has scared me in the past and when I'm on the road especially, unless I make more than a concerted effort, I find myself occupying my quiet time with noise!  I've told you guys in the past that I do best with my devotional and my quiet time with the Lord 1st thing in the morning.  That still holds true, because usually nobody else is up and making noise to distract me.  My attention span has gotten better in someways but my interrupting others is still a problem.  My wife pointed out recently that it is something I need to deal with in our relationship.  I get so wound up and excited to say what I want to say that I discount what she is trying to tell me.  I'm sure many of you have been the recepients of my interruptions also.  That problem also holds true with the Lord!  Sometimes, when I am alone with Him, I'm too busy giving Him my grocery list instead of listening to what His orders are for me.  He already knows what I need.  That probably holds true about sharing your problems with those you love.  Once you've told them a problem (or Him the problem), you don't necessarily have to rehash it with them every time you talk to them.  Pray about it, share your heart, and consider it taken care of because complaining about it only makes those you care about want to avoid you!  I love everyone of you and my desire is to encourage you to build your base relationship with your Savior and use that 'franchise model' to duplicate all other relationships.  John 5:19 tells us, Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself; He can only do what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."  Seek His face today and you will be amazed at what He has in store for you!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment