Friday, February 10, 2012

Does your spirit need a lift? John 14:26-27

Good morning everyone,
I don't know about you, but it seems to me that there are many who are in need of restoration!  If you are connected to a church body of believers, you are probably in tune with a number of people who need prayers for various reasons.  My heart aches right now because I know that some of my closest brothers and sisters in the Lord are hurting.  The only answer that I can truly give them for their pain rests on the shoulders of the Great Healer himself.  Many times we seem to want to give up when it goes beyond confusing and there seems to be no end to our physical, emotional, or spiritual pain.  John 14:26-27 reminds us that when we can't go on, the Spirit will give what the world can not give!  "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  There is much packed into these two verses and I would like to focus in on a few of the words that really can help sustain you when your spirit needs replugging into the Holy Spirit.  The Father is ready to teach you and remind you that true peace is available when you are troubled and afraid.  The Holy Spirit is ready to shock the world by taking over your body and giving you what the world can't give.  Are you in need of restoration?  Are you need of having your feet put back under you?  Call out to Him and let the Holy Spirit take over and be the Controller and direct your thoughts and ways!  Praise Him for what happens next!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment