Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Do you wake up with a heart that wants to serve or do you want to go back to sleep? Matthew 20:28

Hello everyone,
Jesus reminds us in Matthew 20:28 that He came into the world to serve and not be served! The Lord of all came to serve and we have difficulty getting out of bed.  But Lord, I'm tired!  I don't have time to serve!  I'm already involved in more than I can handle!  Work has me strapped down and so busy, I can't add any more on my plate!  Jesus never complained when people needed Him.  He didn't question their motives.  He simply responded with a servants attitude.  If our minds and our hearts are loaded down with clutter, it simply is impossible to see the opportunities that He gives us.  My prayer for all of you is that you will humbly ask the Lord to show you how to free up time so that you can serve.  Just like the widow that gave all she had, if you will seek His face, Matthew 25:21 will come to fruition in your life.  The master was full of praise.  'Well done good and faithful servant.  You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities.  Let's celebrate together.  The widow didn't have much and maybe you feel as though your little will not be worth much to the Lord.  I beg to differ!  The widow was faithful with the little she had (Mark 12:43) and the Lord said that because of her sincere heart, she truly gave more than anybody else.  The Lord knows better than you how much time you have available.  Ask Him to show you!  He delights when we stop what we are doing and give Him praise.  If we give him just a little bit more of our time, our hearts will be changed right before our eyes!  Before long, you may look at getting out of bed in a whole different prospective!  If we free up a little of our clutter, do you not think that He cannot free up space in your garage so you can park inside! 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment