Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stress is unhealthy! Psalm 27:1 & 3 are the answer!

Hello everyone,
This time of year brings joy for many but with that joy, stress trys to creep in and destroy!  Stress can be brought on suddenly or it can be brought on slowly.  The more we try and handle situations that are beyond our control, the more we need to let God be the answer!  I know sometimes we feel we are in a terrible downward spiral that seems to be out of control.  Psalm 27:1 says, 'The Lord is my light and my salvation---so why should I be afraid?  The Lord protects me from danger---so why should I tremble?'  Psalm 27:3 says, 'Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will know no fear.  Even if they attack me, I remain confident.'  Both of these verses address the fact that the Lord will keep you free from carrying the weight of the stress!  It doesn't say that you will be excluded from stressful situations, but what will you do when stress comes your way?  Will you try and take it on alone or will you let the Lord be your light and let Him protect you?  Sometimes repeating verses over and over again and ingraining them in your heart is the best way to steer toward the Light and away from stress!  The more we can recall Scripture during stressful moments, the more we can keep our blood pressure in check!  The Lord is in the business to carry your burden, no matter what it is!  Don't take my word for it, but take His Word!    
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment