Saturday, December 4, 2010

Inconveniences throw us for a loop! Luke 14:15-24

Good Saturday morning to all,
The scripture reading in the devotional this morning is really a self check for each of us!  Ask yourself this question:  Is being a Christian a convenience in my life or is it a way of life for me?  The illustration in the scripture shows that a big feast was given and many were invited!  But very few showed up because they had excuses why they couldn't be there!  Do we make excuses for giving time to the Lord?  We have been invited to the 'Great Feast' but are we too busy to show up?  The conclusion to the story was not a good ending for those who were invited and didn't come!  Today as you start your day, ask the Holy Spirit to free up time so that you can spend it in prayer and reading the Word.  It all starts by what choices we make.  If I start my day asking God for directions, I don't seem to get as lost.  And for those of you who know me, you know that I am directionally challenged!  Ha!  I need all the help I can get!  For those times I try and do it on my own, I really get frustrated.  I love each of you and I care about you and I want this Christmas Season to be a Blessing in each of your lives!  Let me encourage each of you to reach out to someone in need and take a little time with them so that maybe you can give them something that they have been missing!!  
Your brother in Christ,
Paul       

No comments:

Post a Comment