Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Who is your Shepherd? Psalm 23

Good morning everyone,
Several days ago I thought about the phrase, Just who is your Shepherd?  Psalm 23 is a chapter that we have all heard read at more funerals than you can probably shake a stick at and for good reason!  'The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.  He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams.  He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.  Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me.  Your rod and staff protect and comfort me.  You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.  You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.  My cup overflows with blessings.  Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.  As we approach the Christmas Season, think about this chapter in a text that maybe you haven't before!  The Lord is your Shepherd but are you letting Him truly be 'Shepherd of your life'!  Ladies and gentlemen, He came to this earth and lived the perfect life so that we would have the 'Perfect Model' to be as our example!!  All the key words in this chapter describe our Lord as  'Leader', 'Protector', 'Provider', 'Comforter'!  What more could you want or need?  100% of the time He is ready to take care of whatever and whenever any situation in your life happens.  Remember to praise Him in the good times and praise Him in the bad times and Chapter 23 will come to fruition more times in your life than you will ever be able to thank Him!!
May God richly Bless you as you go through today realizing just how wonderful of a Shepherd you have in your life!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment