Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Isn't it wonderful that God's Goodness has nothing to do with how good we are? Psalm 51:1

Hey everyone,
Regardless of how good we are, God is unfailing (certain; reliable; steadfast)!  Genesis 32:10 says, 'I am not worthy of all the faithfulness and unfailing love you have shown to me your servant.  When I left home, I owed nothing except a walking stick, and now my household fills two camps!'  Numbers 14:18 says, 'The Lord is slow to anger and rich in unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion.'  Job 10:12 says, 'You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love.  My life was preserved by Your care.'  Psalm 48:9 says, 'We meditate on your unfailing love as we worship in Your Temple.'  Psalm 51:1 says, 'Have mercy on me, O God, because of Your unfailing love.  Because of Your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins.'  John 1:14 says, 'So the Word became human (flesh) and lived here on earth among us.  He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.  And we have seen His glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.'  Isn't it amazing, wonderful, necessary for our eternity, that the Father saw that we were sick and we needed a doctor!  That doctor came in the form of Jesus Christ.  Dear brothers and sisters, we are all sick in need of the Great Physician!  He knew that we were messed up and He was willing to show His unfailing love by being the God of second chances.   We mess up and unless we go to Him asking for forgiveness, we either add that mess to our backpack or we do like a kitty kat and try and cover it up!  After a while, that mess starts to smell and we begin to not like even being around our selves.  Instead of thinking you are too messed up beyond being fixed, pray that the Lord will change you from the inside out.  He thought you were important because He created you so let Him use you accordingly!      
Your brother in Christ,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment