Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good Intentions-Matthew 21:28-31

Good morning everyone,
You can have the best intentions in the world, but if you fail to follow through with them, how do they benefit anyone?  I ask that question because I too fail to follow through on the promises that I make from time to time!   If that becomes a habit, then people start to doubt what your intentions are and your words become worth very little!  In Matthew 21:28-31, Jesus tells the parable of the two sons.  "But what do you think about this?  A man with two sons told the older boy, 'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.'  The son answered, 'No, I won't go,' but later he changed his mind and went anyway.  Then the father told the other son, 'You go,' and he said, 'Yes sir, I will.'  But he didn't go.  Which of the two was obeying his father?"  Lip service is of very little value if there is no follow through to doing what you say you will do!  In my opinion, Jesus is saying that sometimes it is better to do when we don't want to than to not do what we promise we will do!  The Holy Spirit reminds me often that I need to be the example of doing what I say I will do if I expect the same from others!
It is dangerous to pretend to obey God when our heart is far from Him because God knows our true intentions. Our actions must match our words.
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment