Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not finishing what you start! Hebrews 11:40

Good morning everyone,
Have you ever started something that you left half undone or you just decided it was too big of a project to be able to finish so you decided to walk away?  Do you have a garage that has become an overpriced storage unit for all the things that you feel someday will be good for something?  I think all of us have tried to tackle projects that are far bigger than we are capable of doing on our own if we are totally honest.  The next time you decide on the spur of the moment to do something really big like tear out a wall to put in a bathroom or something of that nature, it probably is a good idea to have a plan before you start the demolition!  I have a study course I began over a year and a half ago and it is still not complete.  If it weren't for the fact that I had to pay for the course up front, it wouldn't matter so much.  The fact is I paid almost $600 that I could be reimbursed for if I would just get motivated enough to finish what I started.  Hebrews 11:40 tells us, 'For God had far better things in mind for us that would also benefit them, for they can't receive the prize at the end of the race until we finish the race.'  I won't receive a reimbursement until I take the final exam and pass it.  I can come up with all the excuses in the world  but the fact is I haven't really tried to finish what I started completely.  I will study for awhile and then all the distractions of life get in the way and before I know it, I'm another month down the road and still not finished.  That is not being a good steward of what our Savior has provided!  There may be certain things that you too need to hit head on and complete for yourself.  My prayer today is that we all honor our Savior in doing what we say we will do and finish to completion what we start!
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment