Friday, February 18, 2011

Roughed Up But Still Standing-Romans 8:38-39

Good morning everyone,
Have you ever felt as though you were under water in need of coming up quickly for air and if you didn't, you were going to pass out?  Sometimes the pressure that we put ourselves under or the demands of what others expect is just about too much to handle!  There have been some incredible moments these last few days in encouraging others and seeing God work, but there have been times that I felt as though I wanted to throw in the towel.
One of those moments was when I was at a work location with a co-worker and it seemed as though our work site had changed and one department was telling us where to work and another was saying something totally different.  One of the Chancellors was left standing for a period of time at the original location that we were supposed to meet.  Out of frustration I voiced my concern about the disorganization and those comments were taken out of context.  Before I knew it, I was having to say an apology for something that I didn't totally understand!  Interestingly enough, at first when I was approached by my case manager, I was offended and hurt.  I didn't feel as though I had said anything wrong but after praying about it, I responded to the offended party in an email and they took the apology genuinely.  The moment I sent the apology, the Holy Spirit ministered to me and comfort immediately consumed me.  Isn't it amazing when we do it in Jesus name, good things happen?  If we do it for any other reason even if we think it is for the right reason, people are still hurt in the end.  An apology in Jesus name, whether the offended party accepts it or not, is an apology that our Father accepts.  Isn't He the One that we need to please anyway?  Pleasing the Father is the most important thing that you will do today because He is the One that loves you even when you mess up!  Romans 8:38-39 says, 'And I am convinced that nothing can ever seperate us from God's love.  Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can seperate us from God's love.  No power in the sky above or in the earth below-indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to seperate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.' 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment