Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Humbling Ourselves in Honor of the King! II Chronicles 7:14

Good evening everyone,
I've been so busy that my schedule has me doing the devotional in the evening for the present time instead of the morning.  I prefer to get up and do this the first thing but God has me doing it when He wants and for good reason.  When I have too much time on our hands, I've learned that I get  distracted by the things that take me away from worshipping Him!  That point is really the main focus of the devotional this evening.  If He wants you to quit doing something that is not good for you, He will let You know.  Are you willing to listen to Him for that still small voice so that the Holy Spirit can steer you back on course?  II Chronicles 7:14 is a great verse for each of us to read daily to answer the question, 'Are we willing to humble ourselves in honor of the King?'
The verse reads, 'If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.'  In fact that would be the best verse for our entire country to follow for healing and restoration.  One of the devotional recipents, Terry Harbin, did a sermon including this verse but reminds us that this verse is not a 'get out of jail free card.'  Instead it should be a verse that we model our lives around and pray that we live in a way that is worthy of Him!  God is in the business to restore souls!  There are four conditions for forgiveness:  (1) Humble yourself by admitting your sins, (2) pray to God, asking for forgiveness, (3) seek God continually, and (4) turn from your sinful behavior.  True repentance is more than talk-it is changed behavior.  Whether we sin individually or as a nation, following these steps will lead to forgiveness.  God will answer our earnest prayers!
Your brother in Christ,
p   

No comments:

Post a Comment