Thursday, February 24, 2011

'Pressing On!' Philippians 3:12-14

Good morning to all,
When you feel like you can't go on, what verses do you lean on to help you stay on the straight and narrow?  I was in Vegas over the weekend as a bystander while Deborah attended a Speech conference!  We both decided quickly that being on the strip is not a good place to be.  Many different ways of promoting women in sexual ways that is just not right.  Since I'm not a gambler, and I don't appreciate young girls being sold for sex, I became very bored very quickly.  We both decided that if you're not crazy and a gambler when you get to Vegas, by the time you leave, you are for sure!  Ha!  Since it was raining when we arrived, I wasn't able to run out doors so I thought I would go down to the workout facility and utilize my time in a good way.  Well it cost $25 a day to go to the workout facility so I decided I would use the Internet to complete my expense reports for the week but that was a charge of $14 daily.  Even to send an envelope was a surcharge of $6.  'Sin City' is the title that Vegas has and for just reason.  People say that they go to Vegas for business but I'm not sure what kind of business.  It is a city that never sleeps and as I left to fly back to Indianapolis, I was sadden by all the distractions that I saw while visiting.  Deborah even commented that she was tired when she left especially needing to replenish her hearing because of the loud noises 24/7!  Being gone from home for 1 week makes me homesick but this time I will have been gone for 3 weeks and I'm in need of replenishment, restoration and spending time with the fellowship at 'Living Truth!'  When you are tired and you want to give up, use the verses in Philippians 3:12-14 to help you maintain your walk.  'I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection!  But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be.  No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing:  Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.  I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.' 
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment