Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lord, break our hearts for what breaks Yours! Psalm 51:16-17

Good morning everyone,
It is my desire to have a servants heart and it is my prayer that you also have a servants heart!  If our heart breaks when we see things that breaks His heart, we become more usable for the Kingdom.  We need to have a heart of compassion for the things that we encounter.  For us to be able to relate to the hurts of this world, we have to be willing to get our knees dirty.  When you become concerned for those that God puts in your path, you will find that you are saying one liners all day long.  When I'm closest to Him, I see things that amaze me.  When I'm too busy being selfish, I can't see past the end of my steering wheel in the long line of traffic.  It doesn't really matter where you are at; it matters how you use your time.  Psalm 51:16-17 says, 'You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.  My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart You, God, will not despise.'  If you become tangled in your own dilemmas, you will never feel as though you have anything to give.  Pray that God will show you how to focus on other folks and before you know it, your problems will become less of a battle.  See, we are always going to have issues.  If we can take our eyes off of them, then we quickly can see that our problems are minor in comparison to others! 
Your brother in Christ,
p     

No comments:

Post a Comment