Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Who quenches your thirst? John 4:10

Good morning everyone,
It has been sometime since I've been in front of my keypad so I may be a bit rusty with this devotional.  I find it amazing that God places so many people in your life when you need to have your thirst quenched!  Yesterday, I dreaded flying because I was in a middle row traveling from Ontario to Houston and I was going to board in group 7 (yes; birds, cats and dogs get on before group 7).  I knew that there would be limited space to store my luggage, so I had my bible and my computer out of my bag when I reached my seat.  I had just sat down when I noticed that the lady to my left was preparing a Beth Moore bible study.  After a short nap, the flight attendant passed by with a tray of water and juice.  Upon receiving a cup of water and Him seeing the two of us with our bibles open, His comments were amazing.  He made the comment, and to paraphrase it, that the water He could give me was only going to quench my thirst temporarily, but Jesus promises that He can quench your thirst forever!  John 4:10 says that Jesus answered and said to her, "If your knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."  On the next flight from Houston to Corpus Christi, I sat by a lady that did something that I normally do for other people.  She prayed for me!  She invited me to church on Wednesday night.  Folks, when you need to be ministered too, just be available and God will provide.  He puts you in the midst of 'springs of living water!'  As you start your day, thank Him for where He has placed you and ask Him to flow through you as you get your feet wet!   
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment