Monday, May 28, 2012

Do you fail to tell folks what you think about them? 3 John 1:13-15

Good morning everyone,
As I read 3 John, verses 13-15 stand out because the apostle John (most likely the author) has something so important to tell the people that he refused to send it in a letter.  'I had many things to write to you, but I am not willing to write them to you with pen and ink; but I hope to see you shortly, and we will speak face to face.  Peace be to you.  The friends greet you.  Greet the friends by name.'  3 John demonstrates that believers should practice the dual virtues of love and discernment. Have you ever had something so important to tell someone that you needed to tell them face to face? 
If writing someone is the only way that you can convey those thoughts, by all means it is important to write them down before they go fleeting into your forgetfulness.  I get many ideas for devotionals for this blog but if I don't write them down, I quickly forget my train of thought and something else fills my brain.  Many people appreciate others but yet they go a whole life time without expressing to them how they really feel.  If someone is instrumental in your walk with the Lord, let them know how blessed you are to know them.  John applauds Gaius for his Christian walk because he demonstrates hospitality to traveling Christian   missionaries.  If someone does something to express the love of Christ, let them know that they are special!  Don't hesitate to tell them because it may be a fleeting moment where a second opportunity will not present itself.
Your brother in Christ,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment